Get a hobby!
That’s a bit snarky, I realize, but the sentiment is accurate. Many people eat out of boredom or habit, rather than hunger. Often, we eat without even realizing it because it’s become such a habit. Having something to do that requires brain and/or physical power can help curb those tendencies.
-It’s easy to eat when we’re sitting in a chair either watching TV or playing video games. All the food advertising doesn’t make it any easier.
-Hobbies/activities leave less time for munching. Being physically active, in particular, can curb your appetite. Being mentally engaged takes your mind off hunger.
-It gives a sense of fulfillment that people often look for in food.
Just find something you like to do, and do it. Scrapbooking, sewing, kickboxing, a book club, yoga, whatever. The point is to occupy your body and mind with something fulfilling.
Come back Monday for the last, and probably the most important, rule!
- Back to Basics: Nutrition Rule #8 (eclecticedibles.wordpress.com)
- Back to Basics, Nutrition Rule 4 (eclecticedibles.wordpress.com)
- Back to Basics: Nutrition Rule #7 (eclecticedibles.wordpress.com)
- Back to Basics: Nutrition Rule 2 (eclecticedibles.wordpress.com)
- Back to Basics: Nutrition Rule #6 (eclecticedibles.wordpress.com)