If you care about food rights and haven’t read about this, you need to. This is an outrageous violation of due process, and a blatant attempt by the FDA to crack down on raw foods.
Was Hillendale Farms, who produced *millions* of contaminated eggs that sickened thousands of people, asked to destroy it’s chickens, or it’s undistributed eggs? No.
Have *any* of the conventional, large, corporate dairies had to destroy all their remaining product when their milk or cheese made someone sick? No.
Yet this farm-run dairy, with no reports of illness or contamination in it’s 30 year history, is being told to do exactly that, with no reliable evidence of contamination, improper testing procedures, and no due process. This impacts not just the farm, but also the people who rely on them for employment.
Please read their story and pass it along. If you can, please contribute to their legal fund.
- FDA Orders Morningland Dairy to Destroy 50,000 Pounds of Raw Cheese (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Morningland Dairy recalls cheese over Listeria and Staphylococcus risk (walletpop.com)
- We’ve got Regulatory Authority! Get Used to It (barbaradiamond.blogspot.com)
- Criminalizing Nature’s Most Perfect Food: FDA’s war on private food contracts (radyananda.wordpress.com)
- Morningland Dairy Stops Cheese Production After Listeria Fears (nowpublic.com)
- Morningland Dairy Recalls Raw-Milk Cheese Sold in 48 States (organicauthority.com)
- Almost 69,000 Pounds of Cheese Recalled Over Possible Contamination (aolhealth.com)