You can buy mojo-marinaded pork loin, but it’s expensive. The ingredients to make the marinade are probably things many of you already have in your kitchen, and making it yourself means you get to skip all the junk that’s usually in store-bought marinades.
-Garlic, minced. I used about 5 cloves
-Juice from 3 oranges (or about 1/2 c. from a jug, if you’ve got it)
-1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
– Juice from 5-7 limes, pluse zest from 1. Or, 1/2 c. from concentrate and zest from 1 lime.
– 1/2 tsp. cumin
-3 tbs. fresh oregano, chopped (or about 1 tsp. dried)
– 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper (or, 1/2 tsp. ground pepper and zest of 2 lemons)
– 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (use this in addition to above seasoning)
– 1 tsp. ground sea or kosher salt
– 1 c. oil. EVOO or canola.
-Hot sauce, chili sauce, or adobo sauce, to taste (if desired).
Toss everything in a blender and puree.That’s it!
This is great on chicken, fish, and especially pork. We did a loin on the grill, and it was spectacular.